Harvesting Vegetables and Herbs
Produce fresh from the garden are best picked in the morning. Wait for the morning dew to evaporate as touching plants when they are wet spreads diseases. The following is a list of when veggies taste their best.
Ripe fruit at their peak are packed with vitamins and other goodies. They also taste better too. Here is a quickie guide to picking the cream of the crop.
But wait... There's More....
For more information on growing vegetables click on the links below:
- Spring Veggie Gardening
- Crop Rotation, Succession and Companion Planting.
- Taming Tomatoes
- Speeding Up Tomato Harvests
- Tomato Tips
- Tomato Troubles
- Tomatoes Seedlings to Plants
- Growing Potatoes
- Winter Veggie Gardening
- Building a Potager (French Kitchen) Garden
- How to Build an Easy Veggie Garden Trellis
- Plant Pests Part 1
- Plant Pests Part 2: Controlling Insects
- Slugs & Snails
- Growing Seeds Indoors
- Growing Seeds Outdoors
- Soil Building
- Compost Tea
- Fertilizing & Feeding Plants